Death of the Icons

My sister told me that there was some news about Farah Fawcett last night but she did not give details. I was waiting for that this morning. Instead, I got a flash report about Michael Jackson.

Farah, one of the original Charlie's Angels may have started the very eighties trend of big hair. As far as I can remember, she was the first I saw with the huge curls on her head. Many girls copied that and soon big hair became the fashion. Even in later years she worked to keep her bombshell figure.

Michael jackson is of course known as the king of pop music. His successes and mistakes have been entertainment headline since I was a kid. Personally, I think he missed his childhood and tried to get it back with his ranch and playing with kids.

Now they are both dead, just a few days after another 70s legend David Carradine passed away. It's like somebody is turning the giant page of history and the decade is slowly disappearing from sight.

And tiem marches on

No comments: