Me on the Net

I made a google search using my name.  I was looking for a page where I was supposed to have been mentioned but I accidentally deleted the email where the URl was included.

What I found was a wealth of information about me.  The list included memberships in sites that I have forgotten about or have ignored for the longest time.  I also discovered that I was mentioned in several professional lists that I didn't even know existed or never bothered to check because I could not imagine myself being on it.

My favorite though was a link to the National Library.  I clicked it and copied the content.  I now know the ISDN and ISDB of a book that I co-wrote several years ago on databases for high school students.

Try this exercise and find out what people can find out about you on the internet.

No comments: