Feeling Nostalgic

I know I said I loved you
And I really meant it then
But time has passed since
Now I won't say it again

Cause things have happened
That made me change my mind
Now all I want to do
Is leave that past behind

So goes the song that I began to write   And in my head there's also a tune.  But I can't make a refrain or another verse for it.  I know it's unfinished.  Right now I just can't come up with the tail part.  I wonder if this is another one that will take me years to complete.

There's another poem that begins

     I once had a love
      ...
     Now I make peace with my heart

I know what I want to do with it but I can't fill the lines between the first and the last lines.

What triggered these thoughts?  Usually I know the answer to what made me want to write something.  This time, there were several.  I was looking through old pictures the other day.  A face popped up on facebook that I thought I recognized.  I met with my old gang a few days ago.

So where's the love angle?

Any suggestions anyone?  No, not the love angle, the poetry please.

No comments: