The View

I had an early morning appointment today in Intramuros.  It just so happens that the person who sent me on that appointment also lent me a car so I did not have to battle the traffic.  The car (and the driver of course but anyway . . . ) waited until I was ready to go back to Quezon City.

Because we left early, I felt sleepy on the way back.  Since I was alone in the backseat, I laid down.  I had a nice view through the windshield.  I saw the cloudy sky warning of impending rain.  I saw the tops of trees lining the roads we were passing.

Best of all, I saw the buildings.  We were after all in the walled city of Intramuros where many of the old buildings were preserved.  Since the first floor establishments were out of my sight, their signs and window displays did not distract me.  So I was able to appreciate the acrchitectural details.  There were the old bricks, the large windows, the cornice details, the stone walls, etc.

My only complaint about the view is the sight of overhead telephone and electric lines.

Maybe in the near future?

No comments: