Street Food in the Supermarket

I had taho (soy curd) for breakfast today.  That's not surprising since I do it quite often.  I sometimes wait for the street vendor to shout "Taho!" then run out to catch him.

The one I had today came from the supermarket.  It's the second time I got this brand and I like the taste.  It comes in a plastic cup covered with a plastic wrap.  On top of the wrap is a packet of syrup which is quite watery but that can be remedied.  Then there is the plastic cover of the cup on top of that.

It comes in two flavors this brand.  Today I had plain taho.  Last week I tasted the strawberry flavor.  The first time I had strawberry taho was in Baguio over a year ago.  That was also from a street vendor, and that flavor is not seen here in Metro Manila.

Of course this is a Philippine brand.  It tastes nice too like the regular thing.

The only thing I can complain about is that there is no sago

No comments: