Service Please

I went to the mall to get a new power supply for my computer. I went to the cyber zone area of course on the fifth floor of The Annex SM City North Edsa. I forgot the name of the store but if you have the sky garden behind you it would be among the ones to your left.

I walked to the counter and waited while the girl finished a transaction with another customer. Then I told her what I needed and she told me the price. I liked the price so I dug into my bag for my wallet. While I was doing that, another customer asked her for another item. She gave him the answer and he indicated that he wanted to get it. She then went to get his item without asking if I also wanted mine.

That was irritating. And it's her loss. You see the man wanted something worht PhP 300 while my purchase would have been PhP 800.

That was yesterday. This morning, I went to another mall to check out their new layout. I found that cd-r King had a store there and it was almost empty, probably because people didn't know it was there yet. I walk in and find that there was a girl at the counter working with a cople (or was it a father and daughter?). There were three other personnel going in and out of the back room. There was also another customer waiting his turn.

After a few minutes, the other client left, probably frustrated for being made to wait so long. Another couple walked into the store and were examining the goods in the glass counters. I asked the girl at the counter if there was no one else who could serve customers because her transaction was not done yet and I was getting hungry.

She called for back up. One of the three other personnel came out and stopped at the cashier's desk which was of course away from the counter. When I shouted that I wanted a power supply, that was the only time she came over.

When I have my own business, I wouldn't want me or my staff to be doing those things.

No comments: