Circle of Work

I guess I have finally come full circle in my work life.

A colleague remarked last Thursday that we seem to be understaffed this year. We are still lacking some teachers, particularly in the Computer Science unit. So, they asked me to take some extra load while they look for the additional portion. They asked me to teach CAD to the sophomores for, hopefully, one term.

It's interesting that I have been asked to teach this subject. When I was in college, one of the stipulations of my scholarship was to do a practicum during the summer before my last year. I got mine at CIS Inc., the IT company under the Meralco group.

The boss lady wasn't really going to give me any programming jobs because I was only scheduled to stay with them for a month. She probably thought I wasn't going to finish the available jobs within that period. Besides, I was enrolled that summer and she decided that I better do something I could take home and just report to her periodically.

The job? She had me study AutoCAD and prepare a training manual for the linesmen and technicians.

Now, so many years later, I'm again studying another CAD software but teaching kids is different from teaching adults. Really.

No comments: