The Effects of a Flu Virus

Classes suspended. Already? We haven't even started.

The story is that because some students are refusing to impose self-quarantine, the school authorities have decided to postpone the start of classes to protect the majority of the population.

In a way, that is an advantageous decision. It gives the faculty one more week to prepare course materials. We can plan our days just a little bit better.

Well, we do need to plan well. The announcement means four days less of lessons without any adjustment to the end of term. Guess we will have to cram a few lessons together. In my case, I have already decided to remove one of my planned activities.

Still, I think it was a good idea. I can understand why one of those students would insist on coming to school despite the threat of the disease but I also believe this will be for his own good.

Sometimes, we really have to look at the effect of our actions on the bigger group of people around us.

No comments: