Juggling Act

Trying to do several things at the same time can be fun and challenging but at the same time, it could also be quite tiring.

I participated in a bazaar yesterday. I took with me products from Human Nature and some items published by Shepherd's Voice. I had my cousin's wife come over and help me. We went to the venue early so we can set up our display table before most people arrived.

Then, at a little past noon, I had to leave her there alone. You see, my superiors at Philippine Science High School found this wonderful teacher training program and they suggested I attend. Actually, we had discussed this as early as March but neither the training schedule nor the plans for the bazaar had been finalized then.

Well, there was a conflict in schedule. It was a good thing Susan, my cousin's wife was available and willing. So I left for the training right after12 noon. The training was supposed to be completed by 5 pm. What happened was we extended the time. I left the venue at half past five. Traffic woes caught up with me. The bazaar closed at six but it was closer to seven when I got back. Poor Susan was almost the only one left.

The other person waiting was a partner of mine i a website project. That will probably start right when I have to go back to school.

"Misery loves company" must be wrong. Opportunity tends to come in pairs and groups.

No comments: