Strange Reality

An interesting happened to me today.

A common opener but you know truth is really stranger than fiction sometimes. We can dismiss some anecdotes as trivial. Then again, we can look at the mystery underneath each experience.

I was wearing flipflops today when I went to Trinoma. As I got into the main entrance, one endo of the strap suddenly popped off the body of the slipper. To me that was strange because I didn't even feel the strap pulling loose and suddenly it was broken. And the ATM at school was out of commission so I hardly had any money left in my pocket.

The guards helped me out. They had me sit in the Concierge area while one of them looked for tape and fixed up my flipflop so I could walk with it. I was hoping the tape would last long enough for me to walk around the mall and find a new pair. The best place to do that was at the other end of the building.

Well, when the guard was done, I got up and proceeded to Landmark. It was a slow walk because I was so concious of thetape. I wasn't feeling it under my foot but I knew it was there and that any moment it could give out.

At Landmark, it didn't take me long to find a pair I liked that was within my budget. It was a flat sandal with a garterized back sling in copper. I would have preferred black but that color was out of my size.

However, the gilrin charge of the area I found it in was nowhere in sight. I had to goto the next area and ask the guy there for assistance. He was the one who found the girl who was supposed to assist me and made here get a pair in my size.

Then I had to wait. When the pair arrived, the girl and I played a short waiting game. She was waiting for me to approach her while I was sitting on the couch where you normally sat to fit shoes. Of course she lost.

Finally, I paid for the sandals. At least there was no line at the check-out counter. I asked the bagger not to staple the paper bag shut because I saw that my handbag would fit nicely above the shoebox.

Just when I was leaving the cashier area, the tape gave.

PS to the Landmark staff. This sale belongs to the guy in charge of Figlia and not to the girl in charge of Alexandria which was the brand I got. That guy did more to assist me than the person in charge of Alexandria. Pa-cute lang yung girl na yon. After she made out a receipt, she just handed me the box and expected me to know what to do next.

No comments: