Testing the Waters

Our organization of microentrepreneurs is testing the waters this month.

Yesterday was the first day we held a weekend bazaar. It was dubbed Friday Fiesta because we will be having it all Firdays of May. It's at the Bazaar sa Erod on E. Rodriguez Avenue in Quezon City, fron of St Luke's Hospital.

I brought some organic products from a company called Human Nature. They make these beauty and body care products from organically grown sources here in the Philippines. It's been a while since I had done direct selling but I liked their tagline. It represents a couple of advocacies that I would like to push; proPhlippines and pro-environment.

I do believe in these things. However, I have been fence sitting and back seat driving for some time, too long a time in fact. I've decided some months ago that I was no longer just going to sit around and talk about things that should be. I've always stayed on the safe area, the sidelines where the ball might hit you but it probably won't if the players are good. Well, I think it's time I played ball too.

There are things that we believe in. We want to show others what we believe must be. We are convinced that we are on the right. But believing in change and doing something to make it happen are two different things. Most of us wait for others to pave the way. Maybe it's fear of being rejected by other people. Maybe it's fear of ailure. Maybe we just don't want to do it alone because we need the support of others, we don't want to be the leader but we will sure follow or so we think.

In my case, I have tested the waters and I think it's time to get myself wet. I do have to seriously get into business. I also want to make others believe that Philippine proudcts can be the best. They can also be good for the environment and can help delay the consequences of global warming.

That's my stand. What's yours?

PS: Visit the Human Nature site and then let me know if you are interested in ordering by sending an email to geb.humannature@gmail.com. Thanks.

No comments: