Traveling Solo

I went on a solo trip for personal reasons. I went to my family's hometown to deliver some money.

You get to notice a lot of things if you are traveling alone. For instance, I noticed some new developments along the way. There were the new loading and unloading bays. Of special note was the one in Carmen in front of the new SM Mall there, the one erected where the buses used to make a stopover before going into any one of the three directions; Baguio, Dagupan or San Nicolas. I noticed too three new sylos in one of the towns in Tarlac. Then there were the progress of the road works compared to when we went home on Holy Week.

An attentive child notices a lot more. The seat behind me was occupied by a family with a little boy of maybe 4 or 5 years. He noticed that the corn was ready for harvest. He was counting the borders and declared that we were already in Pangasinan when what we actually crossed was a municpal not a provincial border. He pointed out houses that were either unusual or had a nice facade.

I had to mention the one positive thing that storm Emong did in Pangasinan. Some folks might not agree that this is positive but I really think this was a benefit. When we went home for Holy Week, we made a quick tour of the lands. The soil was dry and hard. It would be very hard to plant.

This morning, I could hardly mark our land. In a week's time, grass had grown everywhere. The area was green. Definitely, planting would be easy now.

No comments: