Rains in May

Unofficially, the rainy season has began over here. The little insects told us that. Usually, they flock inside and hug the indoor lights just before the storms start coming one after the other. Well, they have been around two days this week and within a span of a week, we have had two typhoons already.

I remember as a kid, we used to anticipate the first rain in May. It was supposedly good luck to bathe in that first major shower. It used to come late in the month though.

It's still the first week of May and we already have heavy rains. As I'm typing this, there is a downpour outside.

Actually, all summer long, I have had to bring an umbrella in case it suddenly showers. I've been leaving it behind because of the early morning sunshine only to get trapped into staying somewhere because of the rain.

I wonder if it will be sunny by September.

No comments: